Dum Dee Dum... I am not a super hero neither am i spiderman. I am going to save the world... like as if you would believe. I am a maniac. I came from an outer space which is filled with water. I learn swimming at the age of zero.I wail like a cry baby. I crawl like spiderman, i fly like superman, i drive like batman. I live in wonderland. Rugrats is my friend, so is peter pan.
PRACTICAL 4 & 5 So for practical 4&5 we were tasked to search more on each of our research topic using a search engine, a meta search engine and a subject directory. Furthermore, we were taught how to use the
AND and OR operators. (E.g. (progress OR state*) AND (breast OR bosom*) AND cancer AND (investigation OR research*))
Search Engine For the search engine I used http://www.google.com/ to search on the above keywords used. The results returned was countless but still relating to the keywords I searched on.
Meta Search Engine For the meta search engine I used http://www.metacrawler.com/ The results returned was more focused and accurate as it was searched from various search engines as well. Lastly, the number of results provided by metacrawler was much lesser as compared to the results produced by a search engine.
Subject Directory For the subject directory I used http://sg.search.yahoo.com/dir The results shown was more than the results produced using a meta search engine. Albeit more but I felt the the outcome of the websites produced were more relevant
to my research.
So later on we were tasked to take screen shots of the different search facilities and comment on the differences between the 3 search facilities taking to point also their features as well. I felt that the practical help guided us in finishing our practical, leading to ensure the build up of our portfolio which is to be submitted